- Excellent craftsmanship bring on enhance polish of the coin, resulting shiny Merlion and rim, while maintaining every depth and detail of the coin. International Bullion Mint brings to you beauty of a coin made to perfection.
- Every single piece of SG50 map coin series is striked with 'IBM' Mintmark which ensure you the authenticity and fineness guaranteed by International Bullion Mint.
- Come with International Bullion Mint Certificate to guarantees the fineness and weight of SG50 Map Coin Gold.
- Every pcs of Map Coins are engraved with unique serial numbers which match every serialized certificate.
- Map Coin Acrylic Patent Design
International Bullion Mint presents Singapore's first SG50 Map Coin, a limited edition coin series ever released into the market, an everlasting memorial and commemorative coin you can ever own in your lifetime. 2015 is a very special and remarkable year for Singapore as we celebrate our nation's 50th Anniversary of independence.
This uniquely designed and excellent craftsmanship SG50 Map Coin is a beauty of its kind, to bring out the joy in every Singaporean and to celebrate together as one people, one nation, and one Singapore. This valuable and meaningful coin series is worth keeping as it depicts not only the important history of Singapore, but also the Singaporean spirit.
About the coin design
The front of the map coin features the Merlion (Singa-Laut), a mythical creature with the head of a lion and the body of a fish used as a mascot and national personification of Singapore. Adjacent to the merlion, beautiful fireworks and 5 fighter aircraft flying over the sky to symbolise a celebration of 50th Anniversary together as one people, one nation and one Singapore.
The back of the map coin features SG50 logo represents Singapore's 50 years of independence and Orchid Aranda to commemorate our remarkable leaders for transforming Singapore to first class nation, a everlasting legacy every Singaporean will always be remembered.
This special creation of SG50 Map Coin Gold are guaranteed its quality and purity of 999.9 fineness. Each coin is 2 Oz (62.2g) in weight.
Metal Content: Gold
Fineness (% purity): 999.9
Weight (g): 62.2g
Diameter (mm): 33.5 mm x 60 mm
Date of Issue: 9 August 2015
Design: Merlion & SG50
Mintage Limit: 2015 pcs only
The Story Behind The Merlion
Official launching date is on 30 May 2015.